The 15th Reinventing Space Conference will be held between Tuesday 24 and Thursday 26 October 2017 at the Strathclyde University Technology & Innovation Centre in Glasgow, Scotland.
The focus of the 2017 conference will be on the novel applications that are becoming commercially viable as space technology improves. These include space tugs; space tourism; satellite refuelling; debris removal; debris exploitation; manufacturing in orbit; real-time video from space; space mining; etc.
We also anticipate animated discussion on “The Norms of Behaviour in Space”, which are becoming increasingly important as we move towards the era of mega-constellation, the need for Space Traffic Control, and hence the requirement for significantly enhanced space situation awareness.
RISpace brings together industry, agency, government, financiers, academia and end users. The conference and exhibition is organised by the British Interplanetary Society.
Confirmed 2017 keynotes
- Moriba Jah, Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- Maria Kalama, Lead, Satellite Communications, Innovate UK
- Peter Marquez, Vice President for Global Engagement, Planetary Resources
- Elliot Pulham, Chief Executive Officer (1998 – 2016), Space Foundation
- Kay Sears, VP Strategy and Business Development, Lockheed Martin Space Systems